Trail rides for everyone…
Trail Rides are available Tuesday through Sunday.
Ages: 7 years and older.
Monte Verde Ranch is a horseback rider’s paradise, with year-round guided horseback trail rides available. We are located in the San Fernando Valley, just 20 minutes away from downtown Los Angeles and Griffith Park. We are next to Angeles National Forest, which has hundreds of miles of beautiful trails, with outstanding access to Hansen Dam Recreation Area, one of the few horse parks in Los Angeles where you can enjoy a relaxing and quiet trail ride with a real cowboy ambiance. Enjoy scenic and relaxing horseback riding year-round, just a short ride from the hustle and bustle of downtown Los Angeles
(Hours subject to change depending on weather conditions and private events.)
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR WEEKDAY TRAIL RIDES, (WITH A MINIMUM OF 24 HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE)
GROUPS ONLY ON WEEKDAYS
NOTE: A Group at MVR is 2 or more riders.
For Reservations call 818-899-9042.
Reserving Your Ride
- Reservations are suggested for weekend rides.
- Reservations are always required for groups of 8 or more.
- Our trail rides are on a “first come first served” basis.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated on a first come first served basis and never guaranteed.
- Single riders please call for information.
- No loping, cantering, galloping or running of horses is allowed at any time.
- All riders must go with a guide.
- After your ride please feel free to tip your guide.
What to wear? Long pants or jeans are best. Closed-toed shoes or western boots are best.
At Monte Verde Ranch, we love our horses! We give them the best care possible and never over-work them. Our rental horses are the best and safest trail horses around. Whether you are an advanced rider or you’ve never ridden a horse before, you will love our horses and you will love taking a ride in our surrounding trails.